Introduction
I am a quantitative researcher. I live by numbers; they make sense to me. From a very young age I have been intrigued by mathematical concepts. I was good at math in the first grade, I had skipped three math courses by 7th grade, and was studying calculus 1 and 2 with minimal use of a calculator in my junior and senior year of high school. (I’m really not bragging, I just think it’s helpful in understanding where I am coming from). If it weren’t for that professor in college who told me I had too much personality to be a math and computer science major, I would be in a numbers world, not a peoples world. But I love people too. At a young age, relationships, people, their behaviors, and the complexities of interpersonal communication also intrigued me. I was curious to know more so I subsequently studied psychology in my undergraduate years and counseling psychology during my graduate education. I am by nature a people and numbers person I suppose. After several years of primary and secondary education, three and a half years of undergraduate higher education, and going on six years of graduate higher education, this is my first experience in qualitative research. Everything up to this point has been quantitative…. This is where I begin my journey for qualitative analysis.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment